[pct-l] Books on the Trail Question

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jan 8 01:31:50 CST 2007

One of my big things for the  upcoming 2007 hiking campaign is to start
listening to books on the trail.   I was only kidding around with you about the
scooter.

Anyway, I am looking at the Apple  IPod Nano and the regular IPod.  I want to
download books to listen to as I  hike and camp.  There now finally seems to
be a good selection of MP3  books.  I also want the FM radio accessory.  My
dilemma is  power.  I want some AA battery backup when the internal battery runs
out on  the trial.  This should be super fun out there in Mother Nature,
especially  if there is a big storm going on outside my tent.

I am going down to the Apple store  Monday for a workshop to learn about all
this.  Does anyone have some  advise?

Thanks, Switchback the Book  Worm