[pct-l] Bag size

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Thu Jan 25 11:18:43 CST 2007

Wow.

Is that 2 cubic feet + 2400 cubic inches? A total of 5856 cubic inches?

Check out the latest Gear Guide from BP Mag. It has several UL packs you
might want to consider.

The "Thru Hiker" pack of the year is Brian's "Catalyst" (4,600 cubic
inches). I considered this when I bought a new pack last year but
decided on its "little brother", the "Circuit" (3,700 cubic inches).
Since I've had it, I've been able to pack everything I "need" for
extended trips in it. I say "need", because the smaller volume forced me
to make the tough decisions on what to pack and what to leave behind. I
strap a BV300 on top when I need a can.

With everything I need packed, my base weight comes in at just under 10
pounds. Of course, that's BEFORE the oilcan...

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com