[pct-l] Big Agnes Carbon Fiber Tent Poles

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Jan 30 09:36:16 CST 2007

My new carbon tent poles from  Easton weigh 8.1 ounces compared to the
aluminum ones at 10.5 ounces.  They  cost me about $40.  I have no idea if it was
worth it, but I did it  anyway.  If you buy a new 360 view netting Big Agnes
Seedhouse SL solo  tent, you get the new lighter aluminum poles and rainfly.

Just to show you I did not learn my lesson, I might buy the new lighter
rainfly from Big Agnes for $80 and save about 4 ounces in tent weight.  I  might
get some of those one gram Nano shelter stakes too.  All I need them  for is on
rare occasions when I want to stake out the tent a little.

This whole ridiculous process  should get my freestanding Big Agnes Seedhouse
SL tent down to around 2  pounds.  Of course, I could just use a 5 ounce
tarp, but that would not be  as much fun as my good old tent.

Switchback the  Freestander