[pct-l] The PCT - Why so many lists?

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Wed Jul 11 22:54:50 CDT 2007

I have no direct experience with White Blaze so won't comment on its
success.

However I use to follow the messages on the Mozilla Forums. There seemed
to have been many repeat threads on similar subjects. I guess mostly
because people just asked instead of searching, partially because
searches may not contain the right words to get the results (used
alternate terms instead).

Just took a quick look at White Blaze and it seems to have over 13,000
members while this list probably has less than a thousand. Anyone know
what our stats are. WB also solicits donations for support. So there are
BIG differences between WB and us.

Maybe just maybe we have some technically astute members who would
volunteer to create something like WB.

However is there even 1000 hikers a year on any part of the PCT. I hope so!

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>