[pct-l] disturbing news from Judson

JoAnn M. Michael jomike at cot.net
Mon Jul 16 12:01:53 CDT 2007

Per local news, it's not very good. Here in Lake Shastina (a hundred miles via roads; maybe 75 +/- as the crow flies) we are socked in most the day with smoke from all the fires in Klamath NF. Town of Happy Camp (largest of the "down river" communities) still not out of danger. Also, traffic is being stopped at the junction of Hwys. 253 (parallels I-5; north/south) and 96 (east/west) down to Seiad. You cannot go down Hwy. 96 unless you are an emergency vehicle or a local resident. Could be an issue if thru-bees are expecting to meet someone driving into Seiad. Though there is a route from the north if you got lucky and past the road closures.

If you want really clean air; best to stay home a while. The thru-bees will be definitely experiencing smoke regards as to wind, etc.

are we there yet