[pct-l] Thru-hikers at Showers Lake

bhonnold at sbcglobal.net bhonnold at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 16 12:17:35 CDT 2007

We were camped at Showers Lake in Meiss Country this weekend right along
where the PCT hits a poorly marked fork in the trail and goes around the
lake.

Friday night 7-13 a thru-hiker named Joel came by, asked which trail was the
right one, chatted for a bit and headed off for Echo Lake.

Saturday afternoon about 4:30 Sol-de-sol strolled into camp took some down
time and continued on.

Sunday morning we slept late and I could hear a few hikers sail on by from
my hammock.  Just after breakfast Giggles and Sundog hit the fork in the
trail and asked if we knew which one was the PCT.

We later met a section hiker but no one got his name.  Thin guy, carrying an
REI UL-45 pack who was doing about 600 miles or so this year.......

It was very apparent that the trail is poorly marked at the north end of
Showers Lake before the creek crossing.

After meeting Giggles and Sundog we put a log across the incorrect fork in
the trail.  I don't know how many hikers are still south of Meiss Country
but hopefully this will help them out.

Brian