[pct-l] PCT Thru Hike Question

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 00:48:51 CDT 2007

Java writes: Are you planning to thru-hike in the near  future?
Yes, I definitely plan on thru hiking the PCT in 2008.  It should be a  blast.

As soon as I get my MegaBucks winnings I will fund a fully  supported thru
hike.  This would include pack train support at many  campsites and a 2008
Monaco Signature Series motor coach to meet me at all  road crossings.  I plan to
slack pack by motor coach, so I can take a  shower and sleep in a bed watching
the big screen by satellite.  I will  carry a satellite phone to call ahead
for the meal I want cooked when I  arrive.  I think fresh green beans with
bacon, corn on the cob, fish, and a  nice wedge salad with fruit will be one of my
favorites.  Add fresh  squeezed lemonade and a glass of wine and that will
complete the picture.

One thing that will be a problem will be all the hiker trash trying to
follow me --- to hang with me on this thru hike.  I could collect quite a  crowd if
I am not careful.  Everyone will want to my pal, my friend, my  buddy, etc.
They will say in spite of what they had said in year's past,  they really
think I am a cool dude and would like to be hiking  partners.

I plan to do the Triple Crown with this pack train and motor coach  support.

Your pal, Switchback the Trail Pirate