[pct-l] INSULIN ON THE TRAIL

Don Line DON at roel.com
Wed Jun 6 21:31:20 CDT 2007

I take up to 4 injections each day.  I have had no problems with insulin on the trail.  One thing to be careful of is to protect the insulin from freezing.  I keep my insulin in my sleeping bag at night.  Also keep some glucose tablets in your sleeping bag during the night.  I have found that higher altitudes slightly lowers my blood sugar level. In the middle of the night, I hate to search my bear canister or food bag (high up in a tree) if I need a fast sugar fix.
(This happened to me near Mt. Whitney)
DON