[pct-l] Section K

willis.p at comcast.net willis.p at comcast.net
Thu Jun 7 02:06:42 CDT 2007

We are section hiking the PCT and just hiked part of Section K from South Echo Lake to Barker Pass.  There was snow on the trail approaching Lake Aloha. The Mosquito Pass alternate route was snow covered but passable and we were able to pick up the trail again part way down the descent.  We rejoined the PCT at Velma Lakes.

We had no snow problems to Blackwood Creek about 2 miles past Barker Pass..  An overnight snow storm dropped 6 in of snow last night, with strong winds, temperatures in the teens and covering the trail.   It continued snowing most of today.  We hiked out today to Lake Tahoe and took the TART bus to Tahoe City to wait for the weather to clear.
.
Trail Dog and Marmot