[pct-l] re- Tehachapi info

Andrew Picolorich pclrch2 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 18:57:44 CST 2007

Hey monty

  stay at the Santa Fe motel. its as close to 'Downtown' Tehachapi as can be expected and when i stayed there last november it was 50$ a night (much cheaper than anywhere else i called). They have a coin operated laundry machine and the owner keeps a dilapidated old mountain bike for hikers to use around town i.e. post office. Theres also a nice bakery across the street and the decent burger joint half block west. There is some kind of taxi service that runs to mojave and in the town proper but on the phone they told me i could not get a ride back to cameron road (i was SOBO). Had a hell of a time hitching (both ways). plenty of cars pass just no stopping. Fortunately about half way both to and back from the trail i got picked up by one of the electrical engineers that works on the wind turbines. Seems the only way to get a lift is with an employee from the Oak Creek power company!

  MONOCONE Andy

  PS. Thanks for the water update u left at Barrel Spring circa early Dec. Saved me from having to carry at least two extra liters through the Evil San Felipes