[pct-l] Quilts vs bags

Matt Bradley mattbradley1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:30:47 CST 2007

Paul,
     Yes, the Nunatak stuff is expensive although not too much more than a
lot of other high-end bags such as Western Mountianeering.  I know that you
have already probably ordered your Ray-Way quilt but (for the benefit of the
rest of the list) one option for down that is cruelty free is Eider Down.
It comes from Eider ducks and is hand harvested from the nests after
breeding season.  It is usually around 900 of 950 fill power which is the
best available , it is hypo-allergenic and it is significantly more
expensive than the more common Goose down.  Last time I checked Nunatak was
able to make Eider down bags but that was a while ago and it would likely
make the production and delivery time longer since everything is custom made
to order.  I highly reccommend that anyone looking for a high end sleeping
bag talk to the folks at Nunatak.  Their stuff is top quality and their
service is the same.
Peace and Love,
Matt