[pct-l] Pack Covers and Pirates

Mark Jernigan footslogger03 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 08:16:37 CST 2007

You might check out the silnylon pack covers from Equinox here:

  http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/accessdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=EQ1100

  I use this one on my Vapor Trail (small size) and also on an old ULA pack called the Fusion.  The Catalyst would require the larger size.

  'Slogger

Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:
  _pct-l-request at backcountry.net_ (mailto:pct-l-request at backcountry.net)
writes:

OK, who knows about a good source for a pack cover that is light,
waterproof and will really fit over ULA Catalyst fully loaded? Recovering nicely now
from exposure to trail pirates in deep ravines......... Alice
Checkout _vargooutdoors.safeshopper.com/60/580.htm?784_
(http://vargooutdoors.safeshopper.com/60/580.htm?784) for pack covers.

Now for the important part about Trail Pirates. These people are much
maligned and false rumors are spread about their conduct. A friendlier and nicer
group you could not find. They are harmless and just like to goof off. The
problem is this is an affront to the dreaded Terminator Female Leadership
types.

Any Pirate innocently enjoying himself without their advice, consent, and
participation is immediately suspect. Terminators can turn into liquid metal
at a moments notice and magically produce sharp injuring objects. I was a
personal witness to this on the recent Grand Canyon expedition at Indian Gardens
campground. I was peacefully sitting at the picnic table and scary sharp
objects were shown to me, I think as a warning. In fact, a discussion took
place on how to quickly produce these objects. It was like a Terminator
training session. I DID NOT SLEEP WELL THAT NIGHT.

Switchback the Trail Pirate

unsubscribe or change options: