[pct-l] Herd Thoughts

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Tue Mar 13 20:29:52 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Heath Haggerty II"
> Some people like wilderness experience some like social experience. Figure
> out which one you are and make it happen.

Those two worlds are not compatible.  Wilderness, by definition, does not
cater towards the social mentality that the KOP engenders.

If there were more distance trails, then perhaps the impact of the
socialites on the trail would be lessened, but unfortunately, there are a
limited number of them in this country (three, to be exact).

As I have stated before, if you want a social experience, join/start a
softball or bowling league, but please leave the wilderness to those of use
who need and cherish it for what it is, without a bunch of socialites
turning it into yet another stomping ground for human sheep.

Jon