[pct-l] New Topic- Paperback Books

Marcia gottawalk at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 14 11:24:59 CDT 2007

And I Alone Survived by Lauren Elder is a must read while in the Sierra. The
plane she was in crashed in the peak above Bubbs Creek and Independence. She
walked out.

Did you read Touching the Void by Joe Simpson?

Carry sections of Lawrence Gonzales's large tome, Deep Survival, Who Lives,
Who Dies and Why

For escapist reading how about Michael Crighten's Great Train Robbery

Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer but NOT his Under the Banner of Heaven (humans
at their worst, ugh)

Most of these apply to the wilderness so you may be looking for something
different.

Enjoy your hiking and reading,
...GottaWalk who doesn't carry books