[pct-l] rash in groin area

matt maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Mon Mar 19 09:07:39 CDT 2007

As everyone has said this is a difficult problem to pin down....

I personally use Desitin, it is messy / smelly but it works.

I have concluded "hikers rash"  is similar  to "diaper rash" and the
mechanisms are similar in origin and action.

With hikers rash the sweat and heat react along with bacteria  to
sensitize the  area  then chafing  abrading  further  irritates  the
nether  regions . This can be very uncomfortable to say the least.

But that said all the classic treatments for diaper rash should work
with hikers rash
Keep the area dry and clean

But not so dry as to promote irritation from chafing, this is certainly
a fine line and depends on the individual

Hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way with this.....

Have Fun.. Be safe
Trail90