[pct-l] Golden Trout north to ??

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Wed Mar 21 19:50:04 CDT 2007

Everything is south of Crabtree Meadow which is mile 760.5. Is that
the same as Crabtree Pass? Probably, especially to a PCT traveler.
Cottonwood Pass (mile 743.8) is the southern-most point on the list.
As I recall, there is a stream about a mile south of Cottonwood,
plenty of water along the way (Chicken Spring Lake, Rock Creek,
Crabtree Meadow) and decent camping just north of Crabtree so one
could make it through there without stopping. Also, Soldier Lake is
not far off the trail and I think there is/was a bear box there.

Pieces