[pct-l] Water Caches

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Mon Mar 26 19:45:11 CDT 2007

stillroaming wrote:

 > First a question: Why are emergency, last resort water sources widely
 > advertised?

if you establish such a cache and maintain it for any length of time,
inevitably the word gets around, even if you never deliberately
"advertised" it. nevertheless, i came across many minor caches all along
the pct that were not advertised or historically established. usually it
was a mystery as to who left these caches.

> Advertising/supporting a cache, for whatever reason, is a major
> moral/ethical repsonsibility. Especially this year. I hope you can live with
> that responsibility.

advocating zero assistance to hikers in a very hot, low water year is an
even greater major moral/ethical resposibility. i hope you can live with
that responsibility.

bottom line, if you don't like the caches, feel free to walk right on by...

gs