[pct-l] BEARS & NERVOUS GRANDMOTHERS

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Mar 30 17:37:14 CDT 2007

Catherine Worth wrote...............I had been planning to hike the
old-fashioned map-and-compass way, but my grandmother seems to feel I'll be
much less likely to get lost and eaten by a bear if I carry a GPS  devise.
She insists on buying me one for her own peace of mind.
-------

Catherine,
Forget the GPS and take grandmother along instead.
Better yet tell grandma if she insists on a GPS for her to carry it.
Now grandma has peace of mind and you have the added insurance that if a
bear should threaten you, assuming    you can outrun grandmother, the bear
will get grandmother before he gets you and grandmother, bless her little
heart, will go to heaven knowing she saved her granddaughter from the jaws
of a ferocious beast.

JMT Reinhold
Wilderness survival expert