[pct-l] Ride offered East Coast to San Diego

Lawrence Beals lbealsjr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 18:55:23 CDT 2007

Finishing up the final preps to leave next week for San Diego and
start my hike on the 15th. I have space in my SUV for another hiker
(or three) if anyone has changed their itinerary due to weather
concerns and is looking to start earlier and is looking for a ride. I
am leaving from SE Virginia around the 4th of April; I-70 is probably
as far north as I would be willing to go to pick up a passenger.

I have already budgeted for gas so I don't expect you to chip in for
that. Basically your duties would to be keep a weather eye out for
tornadoes (some weather pattern this year - yikes!!!!), operate the
iPod/radio and obsess with me over gear/planning <grin>. I expect to
leave on the 4th with intention of arriving in SD area around the 9 or
10th. I can drop you off anywhere LA and south, including at Campo if
that is your desire. Sorry I can't offer a place to stay in SD but I
am staying with relatives. I generally stay at budget motels, camp or
stealth camp at rest stops when I travel.

hike safe and see you on the trail (T-15 and counting)

Bear
PCT2007

--
--