[pct-l] Central Oregon in late August

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Wed May 30 17:03:08 CDT 2007

Ann Gerckens wrote:
> Anyone have a best guess as to how dry Oregon will be by late August?  I'm looking at Summit Lake to MacKenzie Pass.  Work-wise and knee recuperation-wise, being there over Labor Day will work better for me.  Transportation and non-stagnant lake-wise, it may end up being mid July.
>   Floating Angel (the hiker formerly known as Splat!)

well, last year i was at summit lake, heading north on the pct, on labor
day weekend, and i don't recall any of the expected water sources being
dry. the lakes were filterable- nothing too gross. i seem to remember 2
or 3 moderately long water hauls, but this was nothing out of the
ordinary for that stretch. ymmv, though, as i don't know how
comparatively dry it is this year.

girlscout