[pct-l] underwear

V Hurst vjl_47 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 21:47:56 CDT 2007

Lawrance,
Patagonia used to make stuff called SILK weight underwear...they were made of poly but felt like silk....I have an original shirt of this material and it has worn like iron and is a great shirt but it stinks! :)
vera

Wow- that surprises me Lawrance.  I thought all natural fabrics were "stink free".  Are your shirts maybe a blend?  Maybe has some nylon in the fabric or something.  Then I could understand.......at any rate, I'll check out the Patagonia site.....didn't know they made silk long johns.  I'm mostly concerned with warmth as I get cold really easy and my heavy duty Patagonia kept me so toasty.  Thx.
  Gail

"Lawrance H. McClung" <lawrance at xmission.com> wrote:
                I took two Patagonia light weight silk shirts on a thru hike this summer and loved the comfort-like hiking in my pajamas.  For versatility of warmth, comfort, and decent tolerance for wear and tear, these were my favorite shirts ever.  However, for all my nearly obsessive laundering of them on the trail, they both became rank after two days (I perspire a lot).  Even after coming home, they still don?t smell quite like new.  If any one has any good ideas for cleaning silk, I?d appreciate the hints.
  Lawrance

http://mail.yahoo.com