[pct-l] coffee ---> was: no cook food on the trail

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 12 13:25:27 CST 2007

Jerry-

You are absolutely right!  In the emergency room we put patients with intractable migraines on caffeine drips- IV.  It's a stop gap measure.  Quite different from the chronic, trendy, addictive use we practice in this country.

We'll never know how John Muir, Weston the pedestrian, and so many other famous walkers survived out on the trails (or lack thereof) with no caffeine or "electrolyte replacement" drinks........hmmmmm.

Jerry Goller <jerrygoller at backpackgeartest.org> wrote:     A lot of migraine medications have caffeine in them.  For me, nothing knocks a headache faster than 3 Excedrin and a cup of  coffee....

 Jerry

 http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the  most comprehensive interactive gear reviews and tests on the  planet.