[pct-l] No-Cook Trail Food

Janet Grossman janetgr at cableone.net
Tue Nov 13 21:59:24 CST 2007

I dehydrated lots of home-made lentil soup with brown rice and spinach, then
ground it to powder in the blender. This worked well when I boiled water to
add to it, but also when I put it with cold water in a plastic peanut butter
jar I'd wrapped with black duct tape and then carried it in the net pocket
on the back of my pack (Gossamer Gear G4) for a few hours to heat from the
sun.
I did the same 2 methods with dehydrated & powdered mashed sweet potatoes
with sweet spices (cinnamon, ginger, orange rind)  to which I then added
peanut butter along with the water. Yummy!
(Yes, I'm a vegan.)

Janet