[pct-l] Resupply packages at Timberline Day Lodge

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 15:02:19 CST 2007

Gosh- never thought of that!  I guess I was too p.o.'d by then.  And I had already  called my friends.  I did however, think of pulling the ol' Warren Doyle classic.....he always claimed that when he couldn't get a ride he'd just start limping really bad!  Sez it worked every time!  But I didn't have the guts to do it.....

Went to your web site Ken.  You've had some great adventures!  Will read more when I have time.........

Wheeew

Ken Powers <kdpo at pacbell.net> wrote:     You just hit on one of the most effective ways of getting a  ride. Many times when we need a ride back to the trail we just stop at the local  McDonalds (or other fast food joint). We have found that the local retired folks  congregate there for their morning coffee. We go in order coffee and a snack and  sit down. In minutes we start getting questions about what we are doing with the  backpacks. Sometimes we have several different tables asking us questions. By  the time we have finished our coffee we usually have a ride out to the trailhead  because "they have nothing better to do".

 Ken
 www GottaWalk com