[pct-l] Coffee again

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 19:07:20 CST 2007

Thank you for the vivid and humorous description Chris!  "Survival of the fittest" takes on a whole other meaning in "un-civilization" doesn't it???

Wheeew

cvano at tmail.com wrote: So I did a face plant Friday and landed inside a Starbucks.  Not hard to
do in Washington.  Anyway, as I was already there I decided to make it
my annual visit and get a Pepppermint Mocha which is only available this
time of year.  There was a woman in front of me, you know the type,
drove an SUV, white jacket with faux fur, blond, skin tight jeans faded
just ever so, christmas socks, clanky jewlery.  She ordered this drink.
I had to ask the barista 4 times what she ordered so I could write it
down.  You know, the barista, the girl that makes the coffee, 19, pink
hair, several tattoos with a ring in her nose and a diamond in her lip.
Anyway, I have to share this drink.  Double decaf, non-fat, half soy,
140 degree, upside down, no foam, caramel macchiato.  WTF is that?  The
barista didn't bat an eye.  I looked at this woman like she was from
Mars.  She stuck her nose in the air at me.  Must have been my wiskers.
But white wiskers and a big belly are in style this time of year!  Maybe
its cause I wasn't wearing a red jacket.  Anyway, when I ordered a cup
of perculated Folgers with milk from a moo cow, the barista looked at me
like I was from Mars.  I couldn't decide who was sexier, this woman in
the SUV, the barista, or the three trannies at the first table.  Well,
they didn't have my coffee!  So I ordered my large (got several funny
looks) peppermint mocha.  'Whipped?'  'Huh?'  'You want whipped?'  'Uh,
no thanks.  I'm not into pain'  Got my drink for only $7.00 plus tip and
drank it in the truck.  Hey, wanna hike over to the Starbucks?  I know
how to order a cup of coffee there!

Beyond this point
There be dragons...

Chris ~ S/V Drifter