[pct-l] Bus service JMT area

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Thu Oct 4 13:44:28 CDT 2007

  I yo-yo'ed the JMT this year and used the public transportation in the area.
  From Lone Pine- Crest line bus with a transfer in Bishop to Mammoth. Mammoth has a killer free in town bus service. And very hiker friendly, although expensive in season. Any way, Yarts bus from Mammoth to Yosemite Valley.
  You have to hitch to the trail head at Lone Pine, but it is a easy hitch. I had a hiker to trail head/town sign and both times got a ride in minutes.
    But 18 days is a long time. After two or three passes you get your trail legs and the miles just fly by. It took me only 13 days the first time through.

  Robert