[pct-l] short hike

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:22:44 CDT 2007

If i were you, i'd find a way instead to drive or bus
to the east side of the Sierra.  You can start from
Red's Meadow, Mammoth Lakes, or several other feeder
trails to the JMT.  Then you are coming and going from
the same side of the mountain, plus the Silver Pass
area between Red's and VVR is REALLY beautiful...one
of my favorite parts.  Then you can choose, if you
like, to skip VVR.  Transportation is difficult to
there, and i for one  had a bad experience there.

good luck.  and also thanks to everyone for the PCT
NOBO news...i've been following journals for a few of
these people, and it's good to hear these news flashes
as to their well-being.

markv