[pct-l] First Post on Forum and Gear ?'s

Sven Brailey svenbrailey at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 21:46:22 CDT 2007

Hi all,
My name is Sven Brailey.  I'm from La Crosse, Wisconsin, and I'm planning a
PCT thru-hike next year.  This is my first day reading and posting on this
forum.  I learned about its existence from Cheryl "Journey" Watson who
thru-hiked the PCT this year (some of you probably met/know her!).  I met
her for the first time yesterday at a public talk about her PCT experience
she gave at the church she and her husband are helping expand in Winona,
MN.  It was a heartwarming and brain-expanding evening....afterwards I was
even more excited about my trip!
To start off, I have a few boring gear ?'s:

1) Does anyone have any first-hand experience using Arc'Teryx Naos
backpacks?

2) How about RailRider WeatherPants....are they overrated/overpriced?

3) DeLorme's Earthmate PN-20 GPS?

Thanks and looking forward to further communications!

Sven