[pct-l] Dangerous ford near Lava Spring (40 miles south of White Pass) puts at least 2 thru hikers off the trail

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 22:32:50 CDT 2007

Carl,

Given that Ladybug has shared this in her on-line journal I think it can be shared on this list.  She did not break her ankle at this ford.  She broke both the tibia and fibula in her leg.  She has a total of 13 different breaks and was scheduled to have surgery this morning.  She posted a note in her journal of the rescue operation and the amazing support she received from her fellow thru-hikers.

I am very sad that this amazing woman is off the trail again this year.  This is two years in a row that injury has cut her journey short of her goal.

Elevator

From: "carl myhill" <carl at litsl.com>