[pct-l] Knee Injuries

Bill & Cathy tahoe.cat at verizon.net
Tue Apr 1 22:19:47 CDT 2008

Hi Jim    Back in 2000 I had arthascopic surgery from hitting my knee with a
metal box.    In October of 07 I was doing a day hike felt some thing pop
and didn't pay much attention until about a mile later my knee started to
hurt. I did the rice thing and thought that was it, continued doing day
hikes until I couldn't do it any more. Went to the Doctors, exrays, MRI and
then arthascopic surgery again. He went in and trimmed the Miniscus and
trimmed the leg bone and drilled a couple of holes up the upper leg bone to
draw blood down to build tissue. I'm back to hiking but very slow and after
two hours must rest when I don't it really starts hurt and swelling. I might
be taking it too fast. He said if this didn't work I would get shots and if
that didn't work then total knee replacement. I'm praying this works, my
wife just had total knee replacement and she is doing pretty good but very
painful. I just pushed a little to hard. Hope this helps   Remember  "Be
Prepared"
                             Ground Pounder Bill         "Semper Fi"