[pct-l] back on the list

RJ Lewis karmagurl at bektel.com
Sat Apr 5 14:31:16 CDT 2008

hi all!
  Finally got my proverbial sh*t back together here and got back on the
list. We got moved to North Dakota...(brrrr)....and am havin' to deal
with yet another round of snow movin in....when will it end, I have no
clue!!
  Since my hike got moved back a year...health reasons etc....I have
more time to plan etc....and get my gear sorted out. (and spend even
MORE money!)
   Got my REI rebate back and put it to good use!! Picked up a nice
Cat's Meow bag at a nice discount-- thanks REI!!! (heh heh heh), and
some other goodies to make my trip a whole lot easier and more fun. I
still plan on using my cozy down bag thru most of the trip...for all but
WA state that is....lived there for 5 years so am well versed in WA
state weather.  (Rain, rain and more rain, when it isn't snowing up high)
  Plan on some pre hike trips into the Black Hills this summer-- that
should be fun, maybe even visit the site of the movie "Dances With
Wolves"...since that is in that general vicinity.  The new North Trail
is in my area too-- it starts at Lake Sakakawea, just north of here.
That should also be one sweet trail, once they get the logistics all
figured out. Plenty of hills around here in spite of what you may all
think of North Dakota....and some fantastic scenery. (and great fishing,
too!) No, it's not the Sierras, but there is plenty of territory to
challenge any hiker.

Glad to be back on the list.....
RJ