[pct-l] thrus behaving badly

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Apr 19 15:11:58 CDT 2008

I feel like it's too bad that Gail (Wheew) chose to begin the PCT on
section E, certainly not one of the more scenic, pleasant or hospitable
sections of the PCT (Trail angels excepted).  From reading her journal
it is clear that she is not getting much enjoyment.  I always feel bad
for any hiker that isn't able to enjoy their hike, for whatever
reason--injury, weather, unmet expectations.  After all, I think we all
hike for enjoyment, number one.
I have had my days of suffering on the trail and it made me very grouchy.
Marion