[pct-l] San Jaciento Fire

joseph kisner lostonthecrest at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 20:14:18 CDT 2008

After blowing the picture up a bit it looks as if the fire had already created large coals and was quite hot. But because it was so localized to a single stump, it is surely someone within a half a day or much less of a distance from the photographer. Hopefully this was not arson, but it is my best guess someone was useing the stump to guard them from wind to light a smoke or most likely a joint [more hikers smoke weed rather than cigaretes]. I doubt very seriously that this was not a place of cooking. What ever it is it is surely an act of carelessness...sad...tj