[pct-l] Veggies on the trail

Carolyn Eddy ECPG at peoplepc.com
Fri Aug 29 20:29:56 CDT 2008

With some planning it's easy to put together storebought freeze dried and
home dehydrated backpacking food.

There's an edition of "Lipsmackin' Backpackin' " for vegetarians that has a
lot on home dehyrating and recipes to eat well on the trail.

I think you can buy it at REI.

Also, CampTrails has a line of dehydrated foods for vegetarians that are
actually edible. One cup of hot water and it makes lots. They are heavy on
chicken flavors but it's not real chicken. I add dehydrated or freezedried
veggies to the basic mix. If you want a good price on this let me know and
I'll get you in touch with the guy I get it from who sells for just over
wholesale.

"Sweet Goat Mama"
Carolyn Eddy
www.goattracksmagazine.com