[pct-l] PCT Thru-Hiker Missing in Glacier Peak Wilderness-NEED HELP NOW

Sam Willson smgwillson at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 31 12:21:42 CDT 2008

--0-834106256-1220203302=:93475

The authorities are working this situation and do have a good description, =
plus everybody is asking everybody else who they are on the trail.=A0 You c=
an not do anything more at this point, this is a situation that is going to=
 takes eyes on the ground to resolve.=A0Come together with other thruhikers=
 to see how you can get=A0 gain some peace of mind=A0 for yourselves.=A0 I =
can not imagine how=A0the thruhikers must feel there, so close to Canada, w=
ith the uncertainty and grief of having a fellow hiker and=A0friend missing=
..=A0 You might think about how you are going to make a decision to return t=
o the trail or not. =A0 Every thruhiker wants to know the=A0 news of Lucky,=
 can you decide amongst yourselves how you are=A0 going to keep each other =
informed - form a network and leave a web address or something at stehekin.=
=A0=A0 Maybe there=A0should be a notice at Stevens Pass,=A0HIgh Bridge and =
The Rainy Pass Trailhead with a description of Lucky.=A0 Maybe the Dinsmore=
s could
 zerox a small description of Lucky and a phone number to call, and have th=
ruhikers hand them out=A0to other hikers.=0AI actually have been on the sma=
ll trail that goes north and east=A0from the south ridge near White Pass.=
=A0 It is just a waytrail that people use to access meadows=A0and higher ba=
sins, I started on it=A0 when I was climbing White Peak, but it goes east.=
=A0 He might have gone that way but it does not look like the PCT, and even=
tually he would have decided that it was not right and would have turned ar=
ound by now.=A0 Was it foggy the morning that he left from White Pass.=A0Wh=
at=A0were his navigation skills like alone?=A0 Was there snow at Fire Creek=
 Pass, elsewhere ?=A0 Did he actually know where he was camped tht Monday n=
ight Near White Pass??=A0 How capable and aware was he by himself?=0AI will=
 try to get the Darrington Ranger District email address and you can send t=
hem information directly.=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: La=
wton Grinter <lawtong at hotmail.com>=0ATo: pctl <pct-l at backcountry.net>=0ASen=
t: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:33:23 PM=0ASubject: [pct-l] PCT Thru-Hiker =
Missing in Glacier Peak Wilderness-NEED HELP NOW=0A=0A=0APct-l mailing list=
=0APct-l at backcountry.net=0Ahttp://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/=
pct-l=0A=0A=0A=0A
--0-834106256-1220203302=:93475

 network and leave a web address or something at stehekin.&nbsp;&nbsp; Maybe there&nbsp;should be a notice at Stevens Pass,&nbsp;HIgh Bridge and The Rainy Pass Trailhead with a description of Lucky.&nbsp; Maybe the Dinsmores could zerox a small description of Lucky and a phone number to call, and have thruhikers hand them out&nbsp;to other hikers.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I actually have been on the small trail that goes north and east&nbsp;from the south ridge near White Pass.&nbsp; It is just a waytrail that people use to access meadows&nbsp;and higher basins, I started on it&nbsp; when I was climbing White Peak, but it goes east.&nbsp; He might have gone that way but it does not look like the PCT, and eventually he would have decided that it was not right and would have turned around by now.&nbsp; Was it foggy the morning that he left from White Pass.&nbsp;What&nbsp;were his navigation skills like alone?&nbsp; Was there snow at Fire Creek Pass, elsewhere ?&nbsp; Did he actually know where he was camped tht Monday night Near White Pass??&nbsp; How capable and aware was he by himself?</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>I will try to get the Darrington Ranger District email address and you can send them information directly.</P>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"><BR>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 13px; FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif">----- Original Message ----<BR>From: Lawton Grinter &lt;lawtong at hotmail.com&gt;<BR>To: pctl &lt;pct-l at backcountry.net&gt;<BR>Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:33:23 PM<BR>Subject: [pct-l] PCT Thru-Hiker Missing in Glacier Peak Wilderness-NEED HELP NOW<BR><BR><BR>Pct-l mailing list<BR><A href="mailto:Pct-l at backcountry.net" ymailto="mailto:Pct-l at backcountry.net">Pct-l at backcountry.net</A><BR><A href="http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l" target=_blank>http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l</A><BR></DIV></DIV></div><br>

--0-834106256-1220203302=:93475--