[pct-l] more on a FAQ

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Sat Dec 6 01:09:44 CST 2008

DP wrote:
> You need a master editor to shape the consensus document into something that's
> cohesive and reads like more than cobbled together posts. You need ONE editor
> reviewing and redacting the work of six to 12 really engaged contributors, who are
> going to hash a lot out amongst themselves. Trust me on this: You really DO want to
> have one person to herd everything together, eliminate redundancy, confusion,
> rewrite for consistent style, grammar, etc.

I would most definitely agree, plus it would have to be someone without any far left or far right opinions or that is too stubborn...  So - that leaves ME out!  ;-)

> Nominations anyone?

Yes, I have TWO (2) nominations for head editor:

1.  I nominate Brick Robbins.  He is the long time administrator of "pct-l".  Who better to
decide the final content for a "pct-l" FAQ presentation?

2.  I nominate David Plotnikoff.  He is a professional editor and author, with 30 years
experience.  Who better to edit and rewrite for consistent style, terminology,
grammar, and spelling to produce a cohesive, balanced document?

Do I hear any seconds or additional nominations?

> Don't all raise your hands at once.

Was that comment meant for making nominations or actually asking for volunteers to be the editor?   ;-)

Come on, folks...  Let's keep it going...  We all have slightly different viewpoints and
ideas, but we can compromise and produce something that the majority thinks is sorely
"needed" that will help the 'newbies'  - and maybe even the 'old pros' in the long term...
Perhaps we should move this topic off-list shortly and not appear to 'hog' the trail, so to speak - if wanted, I will go back through the related postings and email all those that posted asking if they want to be "part of the solution" (or if you are interested in participating, email me first!)...

Happy trails!!!
Jim / PITA