[pct-l] Backpacks--Six Moons Essence v ULA Conduit

Tarzan and Zelda pctthruhike at surewest.net
Tue Dec 9 15:01:41 CST 2008

On our PCT 2008 hike this year we both used the ULA Circuit, which is in between the Conduit and the Catalyst in size and I believe weight.  We had no problem fitting our bear canister and other gear in this pack.  We carried the canister vertical inside the pack and the support distribution was very comfortable.  With this system we were able to keep our base weight at 12 pounds or less.
We have tried many packs over the years and have carried bear canisters through the Sierras for many years too.  We were very happy with the set up which included a gossamer 3/8" thick sleeping pad that we stored outside our pack and the Henry Shires Squall ll which Tarzan carried.

Tarzan and Zelda