[pct-l] zero days (nights) on the trail instead of in town?

Eric Lee (GAMES) elee at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 11 21:03:41 CST 2008

Julian wrote:

I say this in anticipation of my upcoming thru -- not as a plan by which I
can save money, but rather because I've always been more comfortable
sleeping under the stars than in an enclosed room. That said, I also know
well the feeling of occasionally needing to get the type of clean that can
only come from a hot shower and freshly laundered sheets.

I think an occasional on-trail zero would be lovely, and you should definitely plan a few into your hike if you can.  That said, I think they would accomplish very different things than an in-town zero.  Getting clean is one, as you noted.  Gorging on high-fat food is another.

Eric