[pct-l] zero days (nights) on the trail instead of in town?

Julian Plamann julian at amity.be
Thu Dec 11 21:15:08 CST 2008

Yeah, I hear you in the town food gorging and definitely don't want to
eliminate any of that. I think what I really meant to say was whether
anybody had successfully all but eliminated overnight town stays. For
example, rolling into town in the morning, gorging/picking up supplies in
the afternoon and being back on the trail before the sun set that evening as
an overall town strategy.
Knowing my hiking style, I have a feeling that sitting around on the trail
during the day would be hard for me anyway -- more often than not resulting
in me hiking anyway because of curiosity about what lay over the next pass,
etc.

-Julian