[pct-l] Sleeping Bag Repair

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Dec 16 19:42:56 CST 2008

#45. A shocking trial of friendship!
I've had good luck with Rainy Pass Gear repair. Here is their website. They
clean and repair. I have a Feathered Friends bag and they have cleaned mine,
but I didn't see this option on Western Mountaineering's website. Rainy Pass
should be able to help mend your down bag and friendship.
http://www.rainypass.com/
~~~
A "friend" of mine borrowed my $300 Western Mountaineering sleeping bag one
night without asking and slept too close to the fire. Upon returning it I
found three holes from embers burning through the outer skin. Not to
mention, he admitted to being intoxicated and urinating in my bag as well.
So, I am wondering if anyone has suggestions about the best way to go about
repairing the holes, then washing the down bag. I know this sounds funny,
but it's true. Thanks everyone. - Shocker