[pct-l] NOBO v SOBO

d hans dhonah775 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 17 18:51:13 CST 2008

*I am planing on hiking southbound July 1, 2009. Does anyone have any info about this timing?

thanks,
Adrienne*

Adrienne and all,

I have considered, just this second, that SOBO rather than NOBO may be a better option for me, basically for logistical reasons that don't exactly pertain to the hike itself. Would anyone have a general pros/cons comparison for SOBO v NOBO? I realize I'll meet a lot fewer hikers, but I'm definitely ok with that. Does anyone have an idea how many fewer hikers?  Are trail towns and angels equally prepared for SOBOs? How much should backpacking experience and skill play into this decision?

I see this is a topic *soon* to be addressed on the FAQ. I'll wait patiently if someone is on it, or maybe I'll get the ball rolling if no one is!!

Btw, the FAQ looks really impressive; as a first-time thru, this will definitely be a valuable resource to me! Thanks to everyone who is puting in so much work. I hope next year I'll be able to contribute my too sense.

Thanks!
Dawn and Ruby