[pct-l] GUIDE BOOK..

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 18:56:13 CST 2008

I referenced the data book constantly, and would carry it again.  'The
Book of Lies' is a bit of humorous  hyperbole, a term I've seen used
by other hikers.

The elevation change calculations are often misleading, precisely for
the reason  Joe outlined.  The uncertainty factor obviously increases
as the distance between consecutive data points increases. One might
look to the indicated elevation changes as a way to quickly determine
how long it will take to walk a certain area, the effort involved. I'd
suggest looking at another source for confirmation.