[pct-l] Is thru-hiking alone actually safe?

Jerry Regan Regangj at verizon.net
Thu Dec 18 19:29:59 CST 2008

At first I was surprised to see young 22ish women walking the PCT "alone".
I think, with "The Herd" you get a bunch of people that look after each
other.
The problems comes at the interface with the rest of society (hitch hiking,
motels, etc.)
Most "people" were teaming up for that part of the trail.