[pct-l] Postage Increase

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Mon Feb 11 17:01:00 CST 2008

the Federal Reserve Board has become increasingly efficient at
destroying the value of the dollar.  (Something like 97 percent is gone
since they were formed in the early part of the last century.  Prior to
that time, monetary inflation in this country was unheard of.)   The
Fed's efficiency has improved so much so that the government took off
the shackles that used to prevent the Post Service from increasing their
rates.  Used to be the Post Office had to jump thru all kinds of hoops
to raise rates and it happened only once every few years.  Now, once a
year.  In a year or two, who knows, every few months??

How long will it be before we're carrying $1000 bills like we used to
carry tens?