[pct-l] Knee Strap for the Trail

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Feb 11 17:04:52 CST 2008

I asked my doctor that did the double knee surgery on me in December what would be a good knee brace for backpacking.? I want something that helps the knees a little on the trail for the upcoming Grand Canyon expedition.

He said to get a knee strap that has a hole in it for the knee cap and is made out of neoprene.

I went down to the Sport's Chalet and got the McDavid Multi-Action Knee Strap (#419R).? It is expensive and costs $24.99 for each knee strap.? But what is so neat about it is it goes on and off with two Velcro straps.? This is too cool.? Very simple to put on and off.

I now have one on my right knee to test it out.? Strangely, this knee feels great.? The left knee still feels a little funky.? But not the right knee area.? This is great if it works for the left knee too like on the right knee.

Switchback the Trail Strap
"Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean."? ----?John Muir?