[pct-l] Just moved to Ashland Oregon. Hello.

Greg Kesselring gkesselr at whidbey.com
Thu Feb 14 16:43:18 CST 2008

I presume you jest.  But if you're serious, let me say this:  The
elephant in the living room that nobody will look at or talk about is
not people moving around here and there, it's not immigration control
and border fences, it's not legislating or not legislating no-growth.
The elephant in the living room is that we are breeding like rabbits.
Until we as a species decide that zero population growth (or heaven
forbid, NEGATIVE population growth) might actually be a good thing, it's
going to get more crowded everywhere.  You want space?  You may have to
think about moving to places where nobody else wants to live--the
Yukon?  Alaska?  Siberia?  By the end of this century, the US could have
as many people as India or China has today.