[pct-l] Mosquito Net

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Thu Feb 28 19:11:00 CST 2008

When I walked the JMT (too long ago to mention the date) in August of
a heavy snow year, the worst place was McClure Meadows. Approaching
it, we had warnings for 2-3 days. It was bad. We continued south to a
smaller higher meadow, whose name I don't recall; it was better but
bad enough that mosquitoes kept getting on the food in our spoons as
we brought them to our mouths! DEET kept us from bites, but it was
annoying enough that we stayed in our tent after dinner and waited
for cooling before cleaning our dishes.

Pieces