[pct-l] trekking poles

Jerry Goller jerrygoller at backpackgeartest.org
Fri Feb 29 20:55:53 CST 2008

 Black Diamond poles are a tough act to follow. I've had Lekis, Komperdell
(REI and MSR), and Black Diamond. BDs are the only ones I had that just
don't slip....period. They also have by far the most comfortable grip and,
when worn properly, wrist strap.

I regularly pole vault creeks and erosion ditches with them and I weigh 235
pounds. I've never bent one, much less broken one.

Their new Trail Shock poles are the only shock absorber poles I've seen that
actually work. They don't have the mushy feel of spring poles nor do they
bottom out.

Jerry

reviews and tests on the planet.