[pct-l] Water Caches now Mylar Balloons

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Tue Jan 1 02:13:56 CST 2008

On one cruise between San Diego and LA I saw hundreds of Mylar and other
plastic balloons, floating in the ocean, many miles offshore.  Some were
in groups so large, I thought they were wreckage and actually altered
course to investigate.  What is this man made trash doing to the
invironment?  What about the marine like?  I think places like
Disneyland are responsible for a lot of it.  I was once flying over that
park and had to take evasive action to avoid a herd of a hundred or more
balloons that had apparenty been released or lost.  Damm things should
be outlawed!  OK, off the soapbox and back to my corner now....