[pct-l] first time hiking the PCT, wondering if there are any pointers

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Thu Jan 3 10:04:02 CST 2008

February is a great time to hike section "A", especially if the current rain fall
  predictions are correct. I have hiked section A several times as a training hike.
  This February you can expect plenty of water. If there is snow on the Laguna's
  you can usually hike through it in a afternoon. Most, if not all, of the streams
  should be flowing well all the way to Scissors Crossing. The next twenty miles
  you may have to camel up if there is no water cached at the gate. After that it
  will start to get real cold as you leave Warner Springs and begin the climb
  toward section B. I would suggest bailing out at the Palms to Pines Highway.
  The snow on San Jacinto can be brutal if you are not used full winter
  conditions. It has taken lives in the past.

  Robert

  Hi, I will be hiking the PCT for about a month, starting Feb. 1st at
the
Mexican border. I'm wondering if anyone would have some good tips,
about how
the weather will be, what to expect for water, and other stuff like
that.
Anything would be very helpful.

Thank you